Richard Carroll, of Vineland, NJ, renovated the organ at cost, donating much of his time and expertise. A member of the Rowan University Faculty of the College of the Performing Arts, Mr. Carroll specializes in servicing historic 18th and 19th century instruments. He currently plays bassoon and contrabassoon with the Bay Atlantic Symphony and has for the last 16 years served as organist/music director for the Grenloch Presbyterian Church in Washington Township NJ. Mr Carroll tunes and maintains harpsichords for the Curtis Institute and the Philadelphia Orchestra among other venues.
Mason & Hamlin organs were the world’s recognized leader in top-quality organs, using and at times inventing the best reed technology and construction methods until 1920. This organ was secured by George and Cookie Kaizar for the Historical Society of Washington Township in the mid 1980’s. It was not playable, but was bought to serve as church furniture when the Bunker Hill Presbyterian Church was moved to the Olde Stone House Village in about 1985. The organ, of solid walnut construction, was played by Mr. Carroll for the Magic of Christmas event, December 2021.