Check here right before event to note any changes
Plein Air May 15
Plein Air artists at Olde Stone House Village. Front row Lynn Martini, Dawn Kohansky. Back row Norman Schmidt, Patrick Welsh, Robin Debreceni, Annie Strack, Yvonne Mucci, Gabrielle Herquet.
Overseen by the Washington Township Historic Preservation Commission, the village centers on the George Morgan Stone House, c 1765, the original farmhouse on our five acre site. To prevent historic properties from being razed during the development of our township, four other historic buildings were moved to the site in the 1980s. These include the Turnersville Post Office, the Quay Farmhouse, the original Bunker Hill Church, and the Blackwood Railroad Station. Together, the five buildings provide a look at the history of Washington Township through the 18th and 19th centuries, from farming to industry.
Parking and tours are free to the public, though donations are always welcome. The Village is entirely supported through donated funds. Volunteer guides are provided by the Friends of the Olde Stone House Village.
NATIONAL REGISTER OF HISTORIC PLACES
The George Jr and Sarah Morgan House was entered into the National Register of Historic Places on April 9, 2019 as a result of a grant provided by the New Jersey Historic Trust. As of February 19,2019, the house (the Olde Stone House) was entered into the New Jersey Register of Historic Places and is now protected by the NJ Register of Historic Places Act (N.J.A.C.7:4).
9/14/20 Open House Saturdays canceled until further notice
6/27/2019 Olde Stone House Village to Open Second Saturdays*
Washington Township’ s Historic Preservation Commission announces the Olde Stone House Village at 208 Egg Harbor Road will now be open for visitors on each second Saturday of summer and early fall months from 1 pm until 3 pm except when formal events are already scheduled. Guided tours will be given at 1:30 pm and 2:30 pm beginning at the Railroad Station.